Cornering Confidence Trail Braking Camp
1.5 Hour Private Lesson Description:
Come ride a slow bike fast! Sharpen your cornering skills on small displacement motorcycles. In this 1.5 hour instructional parking lot lesson, students are provided with a mini street legal motorcycle to develop advanced techniques and have fun. Each lesson can be attended by 1 person or 2 people sharing the same lesson (i.e. friends and family members can take together). Two person classes will alternate riding one motorcycle.
- 1 person for 1.5 hour lesson = $199
- 2 person for same 1.5 hour lesson = $199 ($99.50/person)
Included with the lesson:
- Lifetime access to the companion online course
Note: The Cornering Confidence book is optional. Use code TBC for participant 25% discount off when purchasing a signed copy here.
- Gear requirements: You must bring the following gear. Full-face (or modular) DOT helmet, motorcycling-specific jacket, jeans, gloves and full boots. Armored motorcycling-specific pants, as well as any other favorite protective gear, advised.
- Participants must be over 18 and have motorcycle license endorsement.
- Max height: 6’6″, Max weight: 275 lbs. (Tip: sit on a Honda Grom or Kawasaki Z125 at a local dealer to see if you fit on the course bikes)
What You’ll Learn:
Jon’s curriculum is based on his book Cornering Confidence, and teaches the following in his own special way:
First Lesson Focus (Level 1):
- Body Position
- Trail Braking
Any Subsequent Lessons Focus (Level 2):
- Throttle Control
- Cornering Skills
- Cornering Hazard Avoidance
Registration & Payment:
Follow the two steps below. Contact Jon with any questions.
- Complete Registration Form: (click here)
- Complete Payment:
- Payment by check. Mail check payable to “Street Skills LLC” to Street Skills LLC, PO BOX 191, Churchville, NY 14428. Tuition payment amount is $199 (1.5 hour lesson).
- Credit card option: Choose below to pay for the course and date of your choice (note: 3.6% processing fee applies). Once the shopping cart appears, please verify the quantity of students is correct (Street Skills pays additional fees to PayPal when refunding mistaken extra quantities). Click “Checkout with PayPal” to complete the sale.
- You will be notified asap if the class you register for is full. You can select another date or receive a full refund.
- A waiting list is created when a course is sold out. If interested, complete step 1 form only and choose “Waiting List.”
- Trail Braking Camp (1.5 Hour Lesson) Springdale Farm, Spencerport, NY (May 21, 2023 – 9-10:30 am) ($199 + 3.6% processing fee)
- Trail Braking Camp (1.5 Hour Lesson) Springdale Farm, Spencerport, NY (May 21, 2023 – 10:30 am -12 pm) ($199 + 3.6% processing fee)
- Trail Braking Camp (1.5 Hour Lesson) Springdale Farm, Spencerport, NY (May 21, 2023 – 12:30 – 2 pm) ($199 + 3.6% processing fee)
- Trail Braking Camp (1.5 Hour Lesson) Springdale Farm, Spencerport, NY (May 21, 2023 – 2 – 3:30 pm) ($199 + 3.6% processing fee)
- Trail Braking Camp (1.5 Hour Lesson) Springdale Farm, Spencerport, NY (May 21, 2023 – 3:30- 5 pm) ($199 + 3.6% processing fee)
- BMW MOA Scholarships available (up to $250, non-members eligible for $100, check with BMW MOAF for details, must apply 30 days in advance)
- BMW MOA Group Training Grants available (up to $200 per group member, contact Tom Gary at email@example.com)
- Potential Dan Clark Safety Program reimbursement
- Street Skills LLC track courses approved for GWRRA Levels Program
- Participants often receive liability insurance discounts on their auto and motorcycle vehicle coverage
Visit back to this page or subscribe to Jon’s newsletter for new camp and lesson dates.
Clubs or groups that would like to bring the camp to their location, contact Jon asap to make arrangements.